Welcome to real post number one!!
This week, my best friend moved away to college.
As I was thinking about words of wisdom I could send her way,
The Lord put these verses very strongly on my heart.
I think we can all benefit from meditating on these verses in our everyday lives.
Today we will look at Philippians 4: 5-8
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
As I was working through these verses, I realized how much clearer our minds could be if we only focused on the meaningful things. But God gives us a guide for when other kinds of thoughts slip into our heads too. It's like saying, "Alright, your best option would be to only think about [insert verse 8 here], but if something that makes you worried happens to pop up... I have your solution".
God really looks out for those who love Him. He knows we aren't perfect, even when we strive to get close, but He always has a way to draw us back, closer to Himself.
May God's grace and peace transcend your understanding today,
CaseyJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Casey,
First I want to say that this is great. Then I wanted to say that this reminded me of a news article my teacher gave me. It was talking about how new cars are going to have alarms for if your low on gas, or is someone is in your blind spot. Which got me thinking about all the noise in our everyday life just like it says in this passage. I think that if we all give our selves a day off from cell phones, and pagers, television, and radios to just go out side and enjoy the day or to stay in a play board games that we might just start being able to hear God more clearly. So with that said. Good job and I look forward to more.
Leah
Hey Leah! Thank you for the comment and I completely agree with you. Maybe that should be our challenge this week just to find time in our day to disconnect in order to connect with God. See you soon!
Casey
Post a Comment