Check out Psalm 15:
Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart
and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,
who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the Lord,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,
who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent,
He who does these things
will never be shaken.
God has given us clear guidelines as to how to be close to Him.
King David, the author of this Psalm and many others, was asking God how he could be closer to Him. Some people think the Bible is so hard to understand, that it is very abstract. I think sometimes, we ask the wrong questions or are unsure where to look.
I hope that as I continue this journey with you, we will learn to utilize our armor in a way that makes the Word of God an alive and real part of everyday life.
I can only pray that as we seek to grow closer to God, we will be willing to follow the guidelines He put in place for us.
As you go through the day, remember this passage, and think about what you can do everyday to make your life closer to this model.
Only by His grace,
CaseyJ

4 comments:
Miss Casey,
I think this is an awesome blog! I'm just on my way to work (which is at church) and what a great way to start off the day. We could all read the Bible more but fact is sometimes it just slips under the rug. I think this is an awesome reminder that we always have time to read. Last night with our junior high youth group we pretended that we knew nothing about God and asked them to tell us the most important things about being a Christian. It was an amazing time. But the best part was that they were so excited to share it with us. Thanks for being so excited to share this with everyone!
Chrissy
Casey Jean,
This was very inspiring, especially after this amazing and enlightening weekend we have had. I always try to be closer to God, but I don't know where to start. But I do know that I am trying and I am taking small steps toward the direction of living my life acording to is will. I love you.
)}i{( Nakita
Hey Chrissy!
Thanks for checking this blog out!
I can relate. We all really need to read our Bibles and that should be so important in our lives but sometimes other things get in the way.
What did the Jr. Highers say about being a Christian when you had the chance to ask them?
Hope to talk to you soon!!
CaseyJ
casey,
I think this is a really good idea what you're doing for people. I know I don't have time to read my devotionals everyday like I want to. This and other Psalms written by David are great because we all know how many mistakes he (david) made. But once he repented he was forgiven and that's how God is with us. Really amazing. Being close to God is something that is hard when you're busy but some time during the day try to take time out and pray.
Post a Comment